Yesterday we posted a quiz featuring questions from events in the news in the first half of 2012. Let’s see how much you remember from the past six months as you tackle these 2012 news questions. The links beside each question will take you to the TKN article where you’ll find the answer.
17) What huge sporting event took place in Summer 2012? Bonus point if you know what city it took place in. (Article.)
18) The man who famously said, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind” passed away in August 2012. What was his name, and why was he famous? (Article.)
19) Name the mayor of Toronto. Name one thing he did that was newsworthy in 2012. (Article. Article. Article. Article.)
20) “Replacement refs” filled in during an NFL labour dispute. What did they do that irritated many fans? (Article.)
21) What did the Pope’s butler do in 2012 that made headlines? (Article.)
22) Who won the World Series (baseball) in 2012? (Article.)
23) Why is nine-year-old Caine Monroy famous? (Article.)
24) Felix Baumgartner did something pretty amazing in 2012. What was it? (Article.)
25) Something big happened in the U.S. on Nov. 6, 2012. What was it? (Article.)
26) What’s so unusual about the Baby Superb Fairy-Wren? (Article.)
27) Why did a horse walk around a hotel lobby in downtown Toronto in November 2012? (Article.)
28) What Canadian mayor was removed from office by a judge in 2012? (Article.)
29) What’s so special about the “Royal Baby”? (Article.)
30) What is the name of the monkey who was caught on camera in Ikea? (Article.)
31) What is your favourite TKN story from 2012? (Automatic bonus point for answering ; there’s no wrong answer.)
Well, how’d you do? Did you remember who won the World Series or the Stanley Cup last year? Don’t worry if you didn’t–so many things happened that’s it can tough to keep track of it all. But it’s fun to look back and remember the events that shaped 2012.
And if you missed Part I of the quiz yesterday, here it is.
Now, on to 2013!